Tuesday, February 21, 2017

And so it Begins (Introduction to my Blog)

Well, I have decided to write a blog... My wife has been doing it for years and she really seems to enjoy it. She's able to get a lot of information out to those who trust her work and its something that she truly enjoys doing... Mine will be on food. It will be on recipes that I've tried, recipes that I've created, recipes that I've altered. I will also discuss different places that I have and will eat at in the future. There will probably be some 'disaster' kitchen stories in here as well. If you cant laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at ?


My goal is NOT to be critical, as a food critic, but just my experiences and opinions. If I try something that I feel works, I'll share it. If I eat somewhere and the experience is good, I'll share... not so good, I'll still share but please remember, its only my opinion...


I'll be posting pic's along the way. I collect cookbooks and probably have 300 or more and my favorites are the ones with pictures. You know what they say "You eat with your eyes first". I want to be able to put a picture with a recipe. I want to know what the writer of the recipe intended the dish to look like when finished and I hope to share this with you as we go.


I'm fortunate to the point that I get to travel a good bit and we always look for the 'Mom and Pop' type places to eat 'No chains allowed', unless we're invited by a customer or you're in a place like Decatur Al, that thrives on chains. I'll be posting pics and experiences about those places as well.


Writing like this is new to me but my goal is to be helpful and to share things that I hope you'll enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment